Monday, January 23, 2012

Frozen Banana Bites


My family makes regular trips to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida and one of my very favorite theme park treats is the frozen, chocolate covered banana.

It is delightful and I love that it is one of the many gluten free offerings at the park. Disney is ridiculously gluten-free friendly and it makes me so happy that I haven’t had to give up one of my favorite treats.


Seeing this recipe pop-up on Pinterest made me quite excited. Could I possibly make something similar at home?


Ingredients:
  • 2 large bananas
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
  2. Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
  3. Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
  4. Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
  5. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.

My results:

I stirred, and stirred but my mixture was never truly smooth. In addition, it was difficult to achieve an “even dip” when attempting to cover the bananas. My end result looked like this:


They’re not pretty, but they tasted delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment