Friday, February 24, 2012

Fail Friday: The Wooden Spoon of Lies

I rarely boil anything on my stove with the exception of gluten free oatmeal. I love how it keeps me full and warm into the early afternoon.

It never fails that each morning, I become distracted by something while my water is boiling (Today Show, coffee, Words With Friends...) and my water boils over the edges and makes a giant mess.

Of course, there was a pin (and a blog) for that. The caption under the photo of a boiling pot with perfectly placed froth stated, "If you put a wooden spoon over a boiling pot, it will prevent it from boiling over and creating a mess. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself!"

Well, I did...


LIES!








That mess was no bueno.






Last night, I was making non-gluten free mac and cheese for the BF when I noticed the pot getting dangerously close to boiling over. I quickly grabbed the closest wooden spoon and placed it over the top. Success!!!!

Verdict
Oatmeal: FAIL
Pasta: WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment